Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sending Love Purse

I had so much fun putting this cute little Top Note Purse together. I call it my, "Sending Love" Purse. The Designer Series Paper I used is retired SU paper. My son wanted to get his little friend (girl) a purse for her Birthday but I had already purchased her a bracelet and necklace. So, I thought I will just make her a purse. I found the instructions at a fellow demonstrators website (Holly K.). Click HERE to be directed to her website where I found the instructions on how to make this adorable purse. I changed it up a bit. I used a top note die cut as the top of the purse and used a piece of velcro as the purse closure.


The flower is Blossom Party die cut (used with the Big Shot).  I used a Clear Rhinestone Brad to hold the flower together. I punched the tag out using the Large and Extra-Large Tag punches. The ribbon on the tag is the Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim.

 
I used velcro for the closure. I basically a small circle piece of velcro in half. The trick is to attach the sticky side of one piece of velcro to the paper, then connect the other half on top of it. Once the two are connected, remove the clear paper from the stick backing of the piece you just connected and close the purse to where you want the top flap to land. That way both pieces line up perfectly when you open and close it.


I wrapped the jewelry in tissue paper then punched out a heart, using the Full Heart Punch, and attached it to the fold of the tissue paper so the jewelry would not fall out. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. How cute Vanessa!! That is so cute about your son. Thanks so much for giving me credit and visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete