Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Craft Space 2012

Happy New Years to everyone! I hope you all had a fun and safe New Years Eve. We spent the evening with my Husbands friend from College and his family and friends. Our kids did not last long. So, we were home by about 10ish'. The time we did stay at the party was a really good time. We are so fortunate to have such great friends!

I spent most of the last few days working on cleaning and reorganizing my craft space. My Craft Room is actually a sitting area off our Master Bedroom. Our home was a prior model home. Inside my craft room is a built in entertainment center. I think they may have had a small sofa or something of that sort up here when it was a model. I did not store a TV in the built-in but I used it to store my Stampin' Up work stuff,stamps and some of the things I treasure.






 This is the view of my craft room as you walk into the space from my bedroom. I have a crafting table centered in the middle of the room. I like to stand and work on projects, so this tall table works great. You can't see from this view but there is shelving on both sides of the tall table. I got the table at Cost Plus World Market. Plus, if i have a friend or two over to craft, there is plenty of room.



 As you step closer into the room, this is the view of some storage (on the left) that I purchased at Michaels Craft store. In the back corner is another craft table (I bought online through Target.com). Above the table to the right is my punch storage.


 I store my Card Stock, Designer Series Paper, Business Files, Extra Catalogs, Extra Ribbon, etc. in this storage unit. I store my scissors, adhesive, etc. on the peg board located on the side. I still need to organize my paper. That's for another day. :0)


This is where I spent a lot of my time when I am thinking of ideas to come up with. In one of the small baskets, I store tape runners, crop-a-dile, stamp cleaner, glue dots, dimensionals. In the small metal container (I got a while ago in the dollar bin at Target), I store sponge daubers (which have labels on them for each color that was used on them). To label my sponge daubers, I used a White Avery Return Address label and cut it in half, lengthwise, and wrote the name of the color I was using. Then wrapped it around the black plastic base of the sponge dauber. That way, when I wanted to sponge something using that same color, I already had one labeled for that specific color and I did not have to use a new one. One of the smaller baskets has embellishments like my Jewels, linen thread, baker's twine, etc. Above the table is a board where I can post things that inspire me.



 This is one of my favorite additions! I love punches! I got this fabulous idea from the blog of another Stampin' Up Demonstrator (Mary Fish). She has such great ideas! Check out her blog when you get a chance! I got the rods at Ikea (Bygel Rail). I also got the little coordinating basket to hold my smaller punches. The basket was stored right next to the rails at the store.

 This is a portion of the walk in closet in the craft room. I also got the white storage boxes and magazine holders at Ikea (Kassett Collection). The shelving was already there when we moved in. Thank goodness! Ha! Now, I have my Big Shot right next to all the die cuts and embossing folders that go with it. The boxes and magazine holders also have a labeling system on them. So, now I know what's in the boxes. I also have a pic of my twin brother and I in there. There is not a lot of wall space in our new house so I have to be creative on how to display pics. On the bottom right is a rolling file bin where I store some Card Stock scraps. I let my boys use them when they want to punch stuff out. They also have their own craft shelf in the closet (not pictured).


To the right of the closet is a shelf that holds some ribbon and embellishments. Then there is the built-in entertainment center. Oh yea, I forgot to mention....my kids like to draw pictures on Card Stock and tape them to my craft door. It warms my heart!



The Entertainment Center!


I really love this entertainment center. There is storage area on the bottom as well. On the far left is my laptop, my calendar (which I need a 2012 one now) a cute magnetic board, and a small shelf (also from Ikea). On the shelf, I store paperclips, paper to write notes, Past Convention books/gifts from my wonderful upline, Alicia!, my Ipod Shuffle, CD, and My Digital Studio. Also, on the table top are my Stampin' Up catalogs (Current and upcoming).


The center area holds my printer, pens, and a three tiered bin for my Stampin' Up Business. I also have some of my treasured things at the top.




The far right side stores some of my treasures on the top and bottom shelf. My Stampin' Up stamps are in the middle section.

I have storage baskets in the cupboards at the bottom of the entertainment center. I have labeled them using a Stampin' Up stamp and punch set and tied it to the handle using bakers twine.

That's my Craft Space! It still needs a little bit more work but that will come in time. Now, I'm off to Stamping! Have a wonderful day and Happy New Years to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanessa: What a fresh and beautiful stamping space! I especially love that you have a stamping table with room for a friend or two! Hugs, Mary P.S. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete