Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Birthday Gift for 8yr old Boy

My kids have a friend who recently had a Birthday and I wanted to do something different for him. He is a very sweet kid and loves the outdoors, hiking and going on adventures. So, I put together some random items to put inside of his gift bag. The items included a key chain compass, a flashlight, hand wipes, anti-bacterial gel, a notepad for his notes, 3 small clear plastic containers with lids (to hold things he collects) and a bunch of snacks (Red Vines, Cheez-It's, Cookies,etc.) to refuel when he gets hungry.

In the picture below, you will see a gift bag with a tag attached. A card I made him and a decorated notepad.

 I believe I got the gift bag and large tags at Michaels. I simply decorated the tag with Stampin' Up stamps,paper and ribbon.


I scored this 9 inch x 5 3/4 inch notepad at Staples for $1. I simply used the same theme and stamps to decorate the cover.

Supplies used
Stamp sets Delightful Dozen and Loads of Love
Card Stock: Soft Sued, Not Quite Navy and Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla
DSP: Well Worn
Ink: Soft Sued, Not Quite Navy and Wild Wasabi
Punches: 3/4 inch Circle, 1" Circle, Decorative Label
Embossing Folder (with Big Shot): Square Lattice
Ribbon: Twill Tape
Brads: Regals Collection 3/16"

Have a great day!

~Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment